The HSMAI Top 25: Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Sales, Marketing, Revenue Optimization
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is proud to announce its 2016 honorees for The HSMAI Top 25: Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Sales, Marketing, Revenue Optimization.
The hospitality and travel industry requires creative thinkers and innovators. The HSMAI Top 25 honors these top achievers in sales, marketing, and revenue optimization of hospitality, travel and tourism organizations for their accomplishments in the preceding 18 months.
HSMAI will honor The HSMAI Top 25 in conjunction with the Adrian Awards Dinner Reception and Gala on February 21, 2017, at the New York Marriott Marquis, and in a private ceremony co-hosted by Questex Hospitality + Travel.
“HSMAI is proud to recognize an outstanding group whose impressive achievements define success and inspire their peers in the hospitality industry,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president & CEO of HSMAI. “Their deep knowledge, nimble response to changing markets, and innovative solutions have driven their success and strengthened our industry.”
The HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds for 2016 are:
- Justin Barnette: Manager, Marketing & Communications USA, South African Tourism
- DC Becker: Principal & Co-Owner, Titan Group of New York
- Josh Belkin: VP & General Manager, North America, Hotels.com
- Bree Brostko: Managing Director, Kindred Resorts & Hotels
- Bonnie Buckhiester: President, Buckhiester Management Limited
- Patrick Campbell: Director of Advertising, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Lisa Checchio, VP, Brand Marketing and Insights, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Britton Cordill: Director of Marketing & eCommerce, Marriott International
- Santiago Corrada: President/CEO, Visit Tampa Bay
- Chris Flatt, EVP of Hotel Sales & Marketing, Wynn Las Vegas
- Isaac Gerstenzang, Assistant Vice President, Corporate E-Commerce, Two Roads Hospitality
- Jennifer Hill: Regional Director, Revenue & Distribution, Highgate
- Daniel Hostettler: President and Group Managing Director, Ocean House Management Collection
- Danny Hughes: Senior Vice President & Commercial Director, Hilton Worldwide
- Victoria Isley: Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Bermuda Tourism Authority
- Cherry Kam: Director, Marketing Communications/Americas, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Lynn Kaniper: Owner/President, Dana Communications
- Leora Halpern Lanz: Lecturer, Boston University School of Hospitality Administration
- Michael Lau: Regional Director of Revenue Management, Accor Hotels
- Lisa Ross: President and Partner, rbb Communications
- Ed Skapinok: Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Hostmark Hospitality Group
- Edgar Tapan: Head of Industry, Travel, Google
- Paolo Torchio: VP Digital & E-Commerce, Two Roads Hospitality
- Vicki Varela: Managing Director, Utah Office of Tourism, Film & Global Branding
- Daniel Wise: Founder & Chief Product Architect, revcaster - a Rainmaker company
Nominations for the Top 25 are reviewed by a panel of industry experts selected by HSMAI from among its membership and/or Board of Directors. HSMAI selects judges who have demonstrated exceptional leadership ability and have outstanding knowledge of the hospitality industry. Judges are held to the highest standards of integrity and commitment to honoring those individuals that have shown extraordinary leadership in our industry over the last 18 months. The entire judging process adheres firmly to these guiding principles and judges must recuse themselves from scoring any nomination that may present a conflict of interest. Nominations are scored on a scale of 1-10 for the results of their leadership for specific sales, marketing, and revenue management initiatives.